Family escapes Northwest Fresno house fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a house fire in Northwest Fresno.
The fire department says the flames broke out shortly after midnight at a house on Prospect near Emerson. Seven people were home at the time.
Authorities say three of them made the mistake of going back inside the burning home to check on their belongings after calling 911.
"What the fire department recommends is if you have a fire at your home is come outside, call 911. Make sure all your family members have gotten out and don't go back in," Battalion Chief Chuck Tobias of the Fresno Fire Department said.
The three people who went back inside the home were treated for smoke inhalation and one of them was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. They're all expected to recover.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 38 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 21 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos