Family escapes Northwest Fresno house fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are looking into the cause of a house fire in Northwest Fresno.
The fire department says the flames broke out shortly after midnight at a house on Prospect near Emerson. Seven people were home at the time.
Authorities say three of them made the mistake of going back inside the burning home to check on their belongings after calling 911.
"What the fire department recommends is if you have a fire at your home is come outside, call 911. Make sure all your family members have gotten out and don't go back in," Battalion Chief Chuck Tobias of the Fresno Fire Department said.
The three people who went back inside the home were treated for smoke inhalation and one of them was taken to Community Regional Medical Center. They're all expected to recover.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members