Fresno Police Department honors heroic officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is honoring officers who've shown courage above and beyond the call of duty.
On Tuesday the department handed out awards to several officers for major acts of heroism. Officer Steve Coleman was among the recipients
Back in February, Coleman and two citizens saved the life of a 66-year-old woman who was down and nearly unconscious just feet away from a burning mobile home.
They used a sheet of plywood as a heat shield, risked their own lives, and went in to rescue her.
At the time Officer Coleman didn't want any recognition for his life-saving actions. On Tuesday he received a standing ovation, along with the award, for his bravery.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, fresno police department, local
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges 8 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times