Fresno Police Department honors heroic officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is honoring officers who've shown courage above and beyond the call of duty.
On Tuesday the department handed out awards to several officers for major acts of heroism. Officer Steve Coleman was among the recipients
Back in February, Coleman and two citizens saved the life of a 66-year-old woman who was down and nearly unconscious just feet away from a burning mobile home.
They used a sheet of plywood as a heat shield, risked their own lives, and went in to rescue her.
At the time Officer Coleman didn't want any recognition for his life-saving actions. On Tuesday he received a standing ovation, along with the award, for his bravery.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, fresno police department, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos