House, brush fire in Yosemite Lakes injures one
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One firefighter was injured while battling a house fire in Yosemite Lakes.
Madera County fire officials say the flames ignited around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning at a house on Yosemite Springs in Yosemite Lakes. The house was vacant.
Authorities have not said what caused the fire, but about a quarter acre of land was also scorched. Firefighters contained the flames but say it could have been much worst because there was not enough clearance of the brush around the home and the fire could have spread to other homes.
madera county, coarsegold, yosemite lakes, fire, local
- Victim in fatal stabbing well known in the Tower District 28 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos