House, brush fire in Yosemite Lakes injures one
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One firefighter was injured while battling a house fire in Yosemite Lakes.
Madera County fire officials say the flames ignited around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning at a house on Yosemite Springs in Yosemite Lakes. The house was vacant.
Authorities have not said what caused the fire, but about a quarter acre of land was also scorched. Firefighters contained the flames but say it could have been much worst because there was not enough clearance of the brush around the home and the fire could have spread to other homes.
madera county, coarsegold, yosemite lakes, fire, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 22 hurt 23 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network