House, brush fire in Yosemite Lakes injures one
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One firefighter was injured while battling a house fire in Yosemite Lakes.
Madera County fire officials say the flames ignited around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning at a house on Yosemite Springs in Yosemite Lakes. The house was vacant.
Authorities have not said what caused the fire, but about a quarter acre of land was also scorched. Firefighters contained the flames but say it could have been much worst because there was not enough clearance of the brush around the home and the fire could have spread to other homes.
madera county, coarsegold, yosemite lakes, fire, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 6 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87