House, brush fire in Yosemite Lakes injures one
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One firefighter was injured while battling a house fire in Yosemite Lakes.
Madera County fire officials say the flames ignited around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning at a house on Yosemite Springs in Yosemite Lakes. The house was vacant.
Authorities have not said what caused the fire, but about a quarter acre of land was also scorched. Firefighters contained the flames but say it could have been much worst because there was not enough clearance of the brush around the home and the fire could have spread to other homes.
madera county, coarsegold, yosemite lakes, fire, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos