Fresno apartment fire under investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An early morning fire that destroyed part of a Northeast Fresno apartment complex is still under investigation Thursday.
Fresno fire responded to an apartment complex on Bulldog Lane near 6th Street around 4 a.m. Thursday morning. When crews arrived they found a fire spreading from a bush and a tree to a two-story apartment.
Fire crews say the apartment units that caught fire were vacant. People living in nearby units tried to put out the flames with fire extinguishers before firefighters arrived.
But when the fire got too big, they evacuated the area. No one was hurt.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, local
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 2 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 41 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 34 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes