Fresno apartment fire under investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An early morning fire that destroyed part of a Northeast Fresno apartment complex is still under investigation Thursday.
Fresno fire responded to an apartment complex on Bulldog Lane near 6th Street around 4 a.m. Thursday morning. When crews arrived they found a fire spreading from a bush and a tree to a two-story apartment.
Fire crews say the apartment units that caught fire were vacant. People living in nearby units tried to put out the flames with fire extinguishers before firefighters arrived.
But when the fire got too big, they evacuated the area. No one was hurt.
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires