Valley gets rain in July
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- From Fresno to the Sierra, dark clouds brought scattered rain drops across the area.
In Fresno, that rain brought way to an impressive double rainbow. The change in this summer July weather was a welcome sight and sound for many.
"We don't get very much of it. So I celebrate because it clears the air and even up here. So I love the rain," said Amy Evans of Fresno.
Evans says she enjoyed the dreary day and didn't trading in a day on the lake for a day or running errands.
Tourists, like Pete Carreon of West Covina, were surprised at the cool temperatures on their drive up. Pete and his family said despite the moisture, they were determined to get a little lake time in.
"No, it doesn't matter," said Pete Carreon about the weather's effect on his boating plans. "We'll be out there. We are diehards."
Other tourists were also pleasantly surprised by the rain. These cousins from San Jose actually started the day out with a nice swim.
"I like it. I don't really like the heat. It's nice right now," said Danielle Knell of San Jose.
"It's cool because the lake is warm and it's raining," said Andrea Scoles of San Jose.
For the kids, the weather couldn't stop their fun at the lake.
"It's awesome," said Eric Scoles about his time at the lake.
However, the rain dampened sales for one local rental company.
"Business is a little slow today. Most folks are staying in. The folks that are coming out are enjoying the water. There's not a lot of competition out there for water space," said Tony Thomas, Bass Lake Boat Rentals Manager.
Thomas says although business was down for a day, he knows it won't last for long.
"Until then we can kind of catch our breath mid-summer. It's kind of a reprieve and then once it goes away we are going to be hustling until Labor Day," Thomas said.
Temperatures in Bass Lake were in the 70's Thursday and the water temperature was at about 70 degrees.
storm, local, amanda venegas
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase