Valley gets rain in July
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- From Fresno to the Sierra, dark clouds brought scattered rain drops across the area.
In Fresno, that rain brought way to an impressive double rainbow. The change in this summer July weather was a welcome sight and sound for many.
"We don't get very much of it. So I celebrate because it clears the air and even up here. So I love the rain," said Amy Evans of Fresno.
Evans says she enjoyed the dreary day and didn't trading in a day on the lake for a day or running errands.
Tourists, like Pete Carreon of West Covina, were surprised at the cool temperatures on their drive up. Pete and his family said despite the moisture, they were determined to get a little lake time in.
"No, it doesn't matter," said Pete Carreon about the weather's effect on his boating plans. "We'll be out there. We are diehards."
Other tourists were also pleasantly surprised by the rain. These cousins from San Jose actually started the day out with a nice swim.
"I like it. I don't really like the heat. It's nice right now," said Danielle Knell of San Jose.
"It's cool because the lake is warm and it's raining," said Andrea Scoles of San Jose.
For the kids, the weather couldn't stop their fun at the lake.
"It's awesome," said Eric Scoles about his time at the lake.
However, the rain dampened sales for one local rental company.
"Business is a little slow today. Most folks are staying in. The folks that are coming out are enjoying the water. There's not a lot of competition out there for water space," said Tony Thomas, Bass Lake Boat Rentals Manager.
Thomas says although business was down for a day, he knows it won't last for long.
"Until then we can kind of catch our breath mid-summer. It's kind of a reprieve and then once it goes away we are going to be hustling until Labor Day," Thomas said.
Temperatures in Bass Lake were in the 70's Thursday and the water temperature was at about 70 degrees.
storm, local, amanda venegas
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 2 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates