Investigators say kids with lighter caused Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say kids playing with a lighter caused a fire at a Northeast Fresno home on Saturday.
The flames broke out around 11:30 on Laureen near Holland.
Fresno fire investigators say the children were in a back bedroom when they sparked the fire. A smoke detector alerted the woman living in the home and she was able to get the kids out safely.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but the amount of damage is still being totaled.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 1 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87