Investigators say kids with lighter caused Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say kids playing with a lighter caused a fire at a Northeast Fresno home on Saturday.
The flames broke out around 11:30 on Laureen near Holland.
Fresno fire investigators say the children were in a back bedroom when they sparked the fire. A smoke detector alerted the woman living in the home and she was able to get the kids out safely.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but the amount of damage is still being totaled.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 7 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry