Investigators say kids with lighter caused Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say kids playing with a lighter caused a fire at a Northeast Fresno home on Saturday.
The flames broke out around 11:30 on Laureen near Holland.
Fresno fire investigators say the children were in a back bedroom when they sparked the fire. A smoke detector alerted the woman living in the home and she was able to get the kids out safely.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but the amount of damage is still being totaled.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 12 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 32 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact