Investigators say kids with lighter caused Fresno fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say kids playing with a lighter caused a fire at a Northeast Fresno home on Saturday.
The flames broke out around 11:30 on Laureen near Holland.
Fresno fire investigators say the children were in a back bedroom when they sparked the fire. A smoke detector alerted the woman living in the home and she was able to get the kids out safely.
Firefighters were able to knock down the flames but the amount of damage is still being totaled.
fresno, fresno county, fire, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 13 min ago
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago