Kids with physical limitations enjoy day on water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several local kids living with physical limitations got to enjoy a day of fun on the water on Saturday.
Children's Hospital Central California hosted this adaptive water sports clinic at Shredder Lake in Sanger.
Many of the kids suffer from brain or spinal chord injuries, or diseases that have limited their physical abilities, but on Saturday they got to use specialized equipment to try water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water activities.
Organizers say it's a great event not only for the children, but also the parents and volunteers
"It's pretty exciting when you're out there on the jet ski and you're chasing the kids and you see them grinning from ear to ear, it's pretty awesome. That's what it's all about," Mike Gengozian of Children's Hospital Central California said.
"The parents are incredibly moved by being able to see their children do something they never thought they'd be able to do," Dr. Jennifer Crocker of Children's Hospital Central California said,
Children's Hospital hosts three of these clinics a year, and organizers say they keep getting bigger thanks to growing support from the community.
childrens hospital central california, madera county, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
8 min ago