Kids with physical limitations enjoy day on water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several local kids living with physical limitations got to enjoy a day of fun on the water on Saturday.
Children's Hospital Central California hosted this adaptive water sports clinic at Shredder Lake in Sanger.
Many of the kids suffer from brain or spinal chord injuries, or diseases that have limited their physical abilities, but on Saturday they got to use specialized equipment to try water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water activities.
Organizers say it's a great event not only for the children, but also the parents and volunteers
"It's pretty exciting when you're out there on the jet ski and you're chasing the kids and you see them grinning from ear to ear, it's pretty awesome. That's what it's all about," Mike Gengozian of Children's Hospital Central California said.
"The parents are incredibly moved by being able to see their children do something they never thought they'd be able to do," Dr. Jennifer Crocker of Children's Hospital Central California said,
Children's Hospital hosts three of these clinics a year, and organizers say they keep getting bigger thanks to growing support from the community.
childrens hospital central california, madera county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos