Kids with physical limitations enjoy day on water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several local kids living with physical limitations got to enjoy a day of fun on the water on Saturday.
Children's Hospital Central California hosted this adaptive water sports clinic at Shredder Lake in Sanger.
Many of the kids suffer from brain or spinal chord injuries, or diseases that have limited their physical abilities, but on Saturday they got to use specialized equipment to try water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water activities.
Organizers say it's a great event not only for the children, but also the parents and volunteers
"It's pretty exciting when you're out there on the jet ski and you're chasing the kids and you see them grinning from ear to ear, it's pretty awesome. That's what it's all about," Mike Gengozian of Children's Hospital Central California said.
"The parents are incredibly moved by being able to see their children do something they never thought they'd be able to do," Dr. Jennifer Crocker of Children's Hospital Central California said,
Children's Hospital hosts three of these clinics a year, and organizers say they keep getting bigger thanks to growing support from the community.
childrens hospital central california, madera county, local
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 47 min ago
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos