Kids with physical limitations enjoy day on water
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several local kids living with physical limitations got to enjoy a day of fun on the water on Saturday.
Children's Hospital Central California hosted this adaptive water sports clinic at Shredder Lake in Sanger.
Many of the kids suffer from brain or spinal chord injuries, or diseases that have limited their physical abilities, but on Saturday they got to use specialized equipment to try water skiing, wakeboarding, and other water activities.
Organizers say it's a great event not only for the children, but also the parents and volunteers
"It's pretty exciting when you're out there on the jet ski and you're chasing the kids and you see them grinning from ear to ear, it's pretty awesome. That's what it's all about," Mike Gengozian of Children's Hospital Central California said.
"The parents are incredibly moved by being able to see their children do something they never thought they'd be able to do," Dr. Jennifer Crocker of Children's Hospital Central California said,
Children's Hospital hosts three of these clinics a year, and organizers say they keep getting bigger thanks to growing support from the community.
childrens hospital central california, madera county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 37 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos