Cops in Visalia arrest man for wife's 2007 death
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Tulare County employee is expected to face a judge, accused of killing his wife five years ago.
In 2007, Tena Geller died from a gunshot wound. Her husband was arrested, but was never charged in the case.
Investigators say new evidence and new information came forward in the 2007 shooting. Back then, police found the 44-year-old victim dead in her Harold Avenue home. Her husband had called 911, saying there was an accidental shooting. Terry Geller was arrested at the time, but never charged.
Geller was re-arrested at his Tulare County office Wednesday afternoon. But the victim's family members say they still believe the shooting was an accident.
The victim's sister, Frankie Johnson said, "I told you, I went and cleaned up the place because he couldn't go back. I sat there where my sister died. There was no way it was on purpose. No way."
If convicted, Terry Geller faces between 50 and life in prison.
cold case, tulare county, visalia, local, stephanie stone
- 4.7 earthquake shakes Los Angeles area 5 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 15 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos