Plans for Los Banos courthouse put on hold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans to build a new courthouse in the North Valley have been put on hold because Governor Brown and lawmakers used the construction money to help close the state's budget deficit.
There are two different proposed sites for the county courthouse in Los Banos. Both are near residential neighborhoods.
As of now, construction plans have been put on hold for at least a year. As part of a deal to reduce California's deficit, lawmakers decreased funding to the court system by $486 million.
When the new courthouse is built it will replace the old overcrowded building in downtown Los Banos.
los banos, merced county, budget cuts, economy, court, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 55 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 38 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals