Plans for Los Banos courthouse put on hold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans to build a new courthouse in the North Valley have been put on hold because Governor Brown and lawmakers used the construction money to help close the state's budget deficit.
There are two different proposed sites for the county courthouse in Los Banos. Both are near residential neighborhoods.
As of now, construction plans have been put on hold for at least a year. As part of a deal to reduce California's deficit, lawmakers decreased funding to the court system by $486 million.
When the new courthouse is built it will replace the old overcrowded building in downtown Los Banos.
los banos, merced county, budget cuts, economy, court, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires