Plans for Los Banos courthouse put on hold
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Plans to build a new courthouse in the North Valley have been put on hold because Governor Brown and lawmakers used the construction money to help close the state's budget deficit.
There are two different proposed sites for the county courthouse in Los Banos. Both are near residential neighborhoods.
As of now, construction plans have been put on hold for at least a year. As part of a deal to reduce California's deficit, lawmakers decreased funding to the court system by $486 million.
When the new courthouse is built it will replace the old overcrowded building in downtown Los Banos.
los banos, merced county, budget cuts, economy, court, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 15 min ago
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl 37 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland