Merced Co DA will not charge Los Banos officer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County District Attorney's office has decided there is not enough evidence to file charges against a Los Banos police officer accused of domestic violence.
Officers arrested Alfonso Flores in May on suspicion of misdemeanor battery against his wife.
Investigators say the incident happened at the Espana's Restaurant in Los Banos.
The officer's wife initially reported Flores assaulted her during an argument, but did not injure her. She later said her husband only grabbed her purse and never touched her.
Flores was placed on paid administrative leave, but is now back at work. An internal affairs investigation is still ongoing.
merced county, los banos, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses