Man arrested after Northwest Fresno robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested one suspect and are looking for two more in a robbery at a check cashing store in Northwest Fresno.
Police say witnesses called them to the scene on Shaw and Marks just before 11 a.m.
They say the masked men entered the Check-N-Go store, demanded money from the cashier and then sprayed her with a chemical believed to be pepper spray.
"One of the clerks at the Check-N-Go was sprayed with a caustic chemical we believe that to be pepper spray. She's been treated by EMS staff. Her injuries are extremely minor. She's experiencing some discomfort and that's about it," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
Witnesses told police the suspects got away in a gray Volvo. They tracked down the vehicle and arrested one of the suspects.
There's no word yet on how much cash was taken. Police believe this crime is related to two other robbery attempts at check cashing establishments in Northwest Fresno on Thursday.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos