Man arrested after Northwest Fresno robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested one suspect and are looking for two more in a robbery at a check cashing store in Northwest Fresno.
Police say witnesses called them to the scene on Shaw and Marks just before 11 a.m.
They say the masked men entered the Check-N-Go store, demanded money from the cashier and then sprayed her with a chemical believed to be pepper spray.
"One of the clerks at the Check-N-Go was sprayed with a caustic chemical we believe that to be pepper spray. She's been treated by EMS staff. Her injuries are extremely minor. She's experiencing some discomfort and that's about it," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
Witnesses told police the suspects got away in a gray Volvo. They tracked down the vehicle and arrested one of the suspects.
There's no word yet on how much cash was taken. Police believe this crime is related to two other robbery attempts at check cashing establishments in Northwest Fresno on Thursday.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 43 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'