Man arrested after Northwest Fresno robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested one suspect and are looking for two more in a robbery at a check cashing store in Northwest Fresno.
Police say witnesses called them to the scene on Shaw and Marks just before 11 a.m.
They say the masked men entered the Check-N-Go store, demanded money from the cashier and then sprayed her with a chemical believed to be pepper spray.
"One of the clerks at the Check-N-Go was sprayed with a caustic chemical we believe that to be pepper spray. She's been treated by EMS staff. Her injuries are extremely minor. She's experiencing some discomfort and that's about it," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
Witnesses told police the suspects got away in a gray Volvo. They tracked down the vehicle and arrested one of the suspects.
There's no word yet on how much cash was taken. Police believe this crime is related to two other robbery attempts at check cashing establishments in Northwest Fresno on Thursday.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos