Man arrested after Northwest Fresno robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested one suspect and are looking for two more in a robbery at a check cashing store in Northwest Fresno.
Police say witnesses called them to the scene on Shaw and Marks just before 11 a.m.
They say the masked men entered the Check-N-Go store, demanded money from the cashier and then sprayed her with a chemical believed to be pepper spray.
"One of the clerks at the Check-N-Go was sprayed with a caustic chemical we believe that to be pepper spray. She's been treated by EMS staff. Her injuries are extremely minor. She's experiencing some discomfort and that's about it," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
Witnesses told police the suspects got away in a gray Volvo. They tracked down the vehicle and arrested one of the suspects.
There's no word yet on how much cash was taken. Police believe this crime is related to two other robbery attempts at check cashing establishments in Northwest Fresno on Thursday.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 16 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates