Man arrested after Northwest Fresno robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested one suspect and are looking for two more in a robbery at a check cashing store in Northwest Fresno.
Police say witnesses called them to the scene on Shaw and Marks just before 11 a.m.
They say the masked men entered the Check-N-Go store, demanded money from the cashier and then sprayed her with a chemical believed to be pepper spray.
"One of the clerks at the Check-N-Go was sprayed with a caustic chemical we believe that to be pepper spray. She's been treated by EMS staff. Her injuries are extremely minor. She's experiencing some discomfort and that's about it," Lt. Burke Farrah of the Fresno Police Department said.
Witnesses told police the suspects got away in a gray Volvo. They tracked down the vehicle and arrested one of the suspects.
There's no word yet on how much cash was taken. Police believe this crime is related to two other robbery attempts at check cashing establishments in Northwest Fresno on Thursday.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, robbery, theft, crimetracker, local
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Accuweather Forecast
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos