Car hit by train in Northwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after a train collided with a car in Northwest Fresno.
The accident happened shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday night, at Figarden and Santa Fe. Fresno police say a female driver was crossing the area when the light turned red.
She panicked and stopped her car on the tracks.
The freight train conductor saw the car ahead and slowed down but still hit the car.
The woman is expected to be okay.
Officers say when they approached the car they could smell alcohol. Investigators are trying to find out if that was a factor in this accident.
This is the second time in two weeks that a train hit a car at the same intersection.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, accident, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos