Man dead after Delhi-area officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Turlock PD officers shot a man in the North Valley after they say he led them on a high speed chase and then opened fire on an innocent person.
The chase began in Turlock just after 6 a.m. when officers tried to pull over a wanted suspect. But the driver didn't stop and then led officers onto southbound Highway 99.
Investigators say just north of Delhi the man jumped from the car and ran, trying to carjack a vehicle. Officers shot and killed the suspect when they say he opened fire on the driver of the car he tried to steal.
One officer was injured in the incident but he has been released from the hospital. The identity of the suspect has not been released.
turlock, merced county, officer involved shooting, california highway patrol, local
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 56 min ago
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 37 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 23 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 6 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals