Man dead after Delhi-area officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Turlock PD officers shot a man in the North Valley after they say he led them on a high speed chase and then opened fire on an innocent person.
The chase began in Turlock just after 6 a.m. when officers tried to pull over a wanted suspect. But the driver didn't stop and then led officers onto southbound Highway 99.
Investigators say just north of Delhi the man jumped from the car and ran, trying to carjack a vehicle. Officers shot and killed the suspect when they say he opened fire on the driver of the car he tried to steal.
One officer was injured in the incident but he has been released from the hospital. The identity of the suspect has not been released.
turlock, merced county, officer involved shooting, california highway patrol, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 19 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos