Man dead after Delhi-area officer-involved shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Turlock PD officers shot a man in the North Valley after they say he led them on a high speed chase and then opened fire on an innocent person.
The chase began in Turlock just after 6 a.m. when officers tried to pull over a wanted suspect. But the driver didn't stop and then led officers onto southbound Highway 99.
Investigators say just north of Delhi the man jumped from the car and ran, trying to carjack a vehicle. Officers shot and killed the suspect when they say he opened fire on the driver of the car he tried to steal.
One officer was injured in the incident but he has been released from the hospital. The identity of the suspect has not been released.
turlock, merced county, officer involved shooting, california highway patrol, local
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 22 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 42 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies 51 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin