Reedley couple celebrates 75 years of marriage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We've all heard of golden wedding anniversaries marking 50 years of marriage, but one Valley couple conquered that feat decades ago and is still going strong.
Virgil and Pauline Holland of Reedley celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with friends and family on Saturday after first tying the knot on July 28, 1937.
The Hollands are now 93 years old and met when they attended church and school together in Waldron, Arkansas.
"It was a drive-through. We just went to a justice of the peace in Waldron. My girlfriend was our witness. I don't think we even got out of the car. We just got married right there," Pauline Holland said.
Mrs. Holland says the secret to a lasting relationship is treating your partner the way you want to be treated. Though family and friends had a good time at today's celebration -a few joked that finding a card was tough because they just couldn't find any for a 75th anniversary.
reedley, fresno county, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts 13 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 22 min ago
- Who will be Mayor?
- Fresno shopping cart crackdown to cut crime?
13 min ago