Reedley couple celebrates 75 years of marriage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We've all heard of golden wedding anniversaries marking 50 years of marriage, but one Valley couple conquered that feat decades ago and is still going strong.
Virgil and Pauline Holland of Reedley celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with friends and family on Saturday after first tying the knot on July 28, 1937.
The Hollands are now 93 years old and met when they attended church and school together in Waldron, Arkansas.
"It was a drive-through. We just went to a justice of the peace in Waldron. My girlfriend was our witness. I don't think we even got out of the car. We just got married right there," Pauline Holland said.
Mrs. Holland says the secret to a lasting relationship is treating your partner the way you want to be treated. Though family and friends had a good time at today's celebration -a few joked that finding a card was tough because they just couldn't find any for a 75th anniversary.
reedley, fresno county, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76