Reedley couple celebrates 75 years of marriage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We've all heard of golden wedding anniversaries marking 50 years of marriage, but one Valley couple conquered that feat decades ago and is still going strong.
Virgil and Pauline Holland of Reedley celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with friends and family on Saturday after first tying the knot on July 28, 1937.
The Hollands are now 93 years old and met when they attended church and school together in Waldron, Arkansas.
"It was a drive-through. We just went to a justice of the peace in Waldron. My girlfriend was our witness. I don't think we even got out of the car. We just got married right there," Pauline Holland said.
Mrs. Holland says the secret to a lasting relationship is treating your partner the way you want to be treated. Though family and friends had a good time at today's celebration -a few joked that finding a card was tough because they just couldn't find any for a 75th anniversary.
reedley, fresno county, local
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos