Reedley couple celebrates 75 years of marriage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We've all heard of golden wedding anniversaries marking 50 years of marriage, but one Valley couple conquered that feat decades ago and is still going strong.
Virgil and Pauline Holland of Reedley celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with friends and family on Saturday after first tying the knot on July 28, 1937.
The Hollands are now 93 years old and met when they attended church and school together in Waldron, Arkansas.
"It was a drive-through. We just went to a justice of the peace in Waldron. My girlfriend was our witness. I don't think we even got out of the car. We just got married right there," Pauline Holland said.
Mrs. Holland says the secret to a lasting relationship is treating your partner the way you want to be treated. Though family and friends had a good time at today's celebration -a few joked that finding a card was tough because they just couldn't find any for a 75th anniversary.
reedley, fresno county, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 46 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 51 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos