Fresno Co deputies arrest man accused of kidnapping
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies say they've captured a man wanted for kidnapping a woman at gunpoint.
Deputies arrested Paul Vernon Alley around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night on Chestnut near Clinton.
Deputies pulled Alley's car over after getting a tip that he was in the area. Inside his car they found an airsoft gun, handcuffs and a local newspaper with Alley's mugshot printed inside.
"He knew he was wanted. He had seen himself on the news. Initially he was hiding on the back of the car. After about a minute he popped up and gave up," Sgt. Joshua McCahill of the Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office said.
Alley's son was also in the car and was taken by CPS.
Alley was wanted in connection with a kidnapping last Sunday. Investigators believe he took a Fresno woman to Bass Lake where she was able to escape.
fresno county, kidnapping, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case