Fresno Co deputies arrest man accused of kidnapping
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies say they've captured a man wanted for kidnapping a woman at gunpoint.
Deputies arrested Paul Vernon Alley around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night on Chestnut near Clinton.
Deputies pulled Alley's car over after getting a tip that he was in the area. Inside his car they found an airsoft gun, handcuffs and a local newspaper with Alley's mugshot printed inside.
"He knew he was wanted. He had seen himself on the news. Initially he was hiding on the back of the car. After about a minute he popped up and gave up," Sgt. Joshua McCahill of the Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office said.
Alley's son was also in the car and was taken by CPS.
Alley was wanted in connection with a kidnapping last Sunday. Investigators believe he took a Fresno woman to Bass Lake where she was able to escape.
fresno county, kidnapping, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos