Fresno Co deputies arrest man accused of kidnapping
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies say they've captured a man wanted for kidnapping a woman at gunpoint.
Deputies arrested Paul Vernon Alley around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night on Chestnut near Clinton.
Deputies pulled Alley's car over after getting a tip that he was in the area. Inside his car they found an airsoft gun, handcuffs and a local newspaper with Alley's mugshot printed inside.
"He knew he was wanted. He had seen himself on the news. Initially he was hiding on the back of the car. After about a minute he popped up and gave up," Sgt. Joshua McCahill of the Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office said.
Alley's son was also in the car and was taken by CPS.
Alley was wanted in connection with a kidnapping last Sunday. Investigators believe he took a Fresno woman to Bass Lake where she was able to escape.
fresno county, kidnapping, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes