Inmate found dead in Merced Co facility
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of a female inmate who was found dead just as family members arrived to bail her out of jail.
Leticia Willoughby was found unresponsive early Saturday morning after Merced police booked her into John Latorraca Correctional Facility overnight on drug violations and a gang enhancement.
The Merced County Sheriff's Department says Willoughby was checked out by medical staff after she complained of chills and then told staff she wanted to rest.
She was later found dead in her cell. Investigators are waiting for autopsy results to determine what caused her death.
merced county, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits 47 min ago
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...