Inmate found dead in Merced Co facility
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of a female inmate who was found dead just as family members arrived to bail her out of jail.
Leticia Willoughby was found unresponsive early Saturday morning after Merced police booked her into John Latorraca Correctional Facility overnight on drug violations and a gang enhancement.
The Merced County Sheriff's Department says Willoughby was checked out by medical staff after she complained of chills and then told staff she wanted to rest.
She was later found dead in her cell. Investigators are waiting for autopsy results to determine what caused her death.
merced county, local
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 26 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 12 min ago
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos