Man pleaded no contest in fatal Clovis DUI crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley man suspected of killing two people in Clovis while driving drunk last year pleaded no contest.
Clovis Police say Garcia was drunk in November when he ran a red light and crashed into the couple's car at Barstow and Minnewawa.
Smith and Matthes were driving home from work at the City Lights Club. Smith worked there as a bouncer and bartender, and Matthes worked there during weekends.
Garcia faces a maximum of 12-years in prison when he is sentenced in September.
dui, crimetracker, court, clovis, fresno county, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos