Man pleaded no contest in fatal Clovis DUI crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley man suspected of killing two people in Clovis while driving drunk last year pleaded no contest.
Clovis Police say Garcia was drunk in November when he ran a red light and crashed into the couple's car at Barstow and Minnewawa.
Smith and Matthes were driving home from work at the City Lights Club. Smith worked there as a bouncer and bartender, and Matthes worked there during weekends.
Garcia faces a maximum of 12-years in prison when he is sentenced in September.
dui, crimetracker, court, clovis, fresno county, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops