Man pleaded no contest in fatal Clovis DUI crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley man suspected of killing two people in Clovis while driving drunk last year pleaded no contest.
Clovis Police say Garcia was drunk in November when he ran a red light and crashed into the couple's car at Barstow and Minnewawa.
Smith and Matthes were driving home from work at the City Lights Club. Smith worked there as a bouncer and bartender, and Matthes worked there during weekends.
Garcia faces a maximum of 12-years in prison when he is sentenced in September.
dui, crimetracker, court, clovis, fresno county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 16 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees