Toddler in Fresno DUI crash regains consciousness
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for a family who was struck in a crosswalk last week by a man police say was drunk.
18-month-old Bella, suffered a brain injury when she was hit. Her 7-year-old brother, Donovan Maldonado died in the crash. Their father seriously injured his leg.
Close friends told Action News Bella has regained consciousness and is no longer in a medically induced coma. Friends say when she woke up, she looked at her mom and tried to reach for her. Despite the encouraging sign, Bella remains in critical condition.
Earlier Tuesday, Bella's father, Jesse underwent another surgery to repair his leg.
Loren LeBeau was arrested for hitting the family last Wednesday night as they rode their bikes through a crosswalk near Shepherd and Perrin.
LeBeau's blood alcohol content was .11 at the time.
fresno county, fresno, fresno northeast, dui, crimetracker, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno 57 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno 44 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos