Toddler in Fresno DUI crash regains consciousness
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for a family who was struck in a crosswalk last week by a man police say was drunk.
18-month-old Bella, suffered a brain injury when she was hit. Her 7-year-old brother, Donovan Maldonado died in the crash. Their father seriously injured his leg.
Close friends told Action News Bella has regained consciousness and is no longer in a medically induced coma. Friends say when she woke up, she looked at her mom and tried to reach for her. Despite the encouraging sign, Bella remains in critical condition.
Earlier Tuesday, Bella's father, Jesse underwent another surgery to repair his leg.
Loren LeBeau was arrested for hitting the family last Wednesday night as they rode their bikes through a crosswalk near Shepherd and Perrin.
LeBeau's blood alcohol content was .11 at the time.
fresno county, fresno, fresno northeast, dui, crimetracker, local
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 2 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Accuweather Forecast
53 min ago