Candle light vigil for fatal DUI victim, 7, at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The public is being invited to a vigil to remember a young boy killed in an accident in Northeast Fresno last week.
Donovan Maldonado, 7, died after being hit by a driver, police say was drunk. Last Wednesday, he and his family were riding their bikes along Shepherd and Perrin, when they were hit. His father and sister were also injured in the accident, and remain in the hospital.
The suspect, Loren LeBeau, was arrested at the scene, and police say he had a blood alcohol level of .11.
Wednesday night's candle light vigil is being held at eight o'clock at Woodward Park.
fresno county, fresno, fresno northeast, dui, crimetracker, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 9 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path 24 min ago
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case