Candle light vigil for fatal DUI victim, 7, at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The public is being invited to a vigil to remember a young boy killed in an accident in Northeast Fresno last week.
Donovan Maldonado, 7, died after being hit by a driver, police say was drunk. Last Wednesday, he and his family were riding their bikes along Shepherd and Perrin, when they were hit. His father and sister were also injured in the accident, and remain in the hospital.
The suspect, Loren LeBeau, was arrested at the scene, and police say he had a blood alcohol level of .11.
Wednesday night's candle light vigil is being held at eight o'clock at Woodward Park.
fresno county, fresno, fresno northeast, dui, crimetracker, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 3 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates