Two women shot with a shotgun in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two women are in the hospital after being shot with a shotgun. The shooting happened after a fight near Vassar and Glenn in Central Fresno.
Authorities have blocked off a number of streets in the neighborhood while they try to find out what happened. But they do have a number of people detained - they may even have the shooter in custody.
Police were called to the scene around 7:30 Wednesday night. When they arrived they found two victims, one had been shot in the face, she's in critical condition. The other woman was shot in the back. She was reportedly helping police and did provide a statement in route to the hospital.
Lt. Mike Doyle said, "The neighborhood has helped out greatly by calling and pointing out people involved in the group. It appears there was a disturbance earlier in the day which led to a shooting."
Both women are at the hospital. Police are still trying to figure out who pulled the trigger and why. No arrests have been made at this time.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Family of boy who died in Los Banos DUI...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos