Two women shot with a shotgun in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two women are in the hospital after being shot with a shotgun. The shooting happened after a fight near Vassar and Glenn in Central Fresno.
Authorities have blocked off a number of streets in the neighborhood while they try to find out what happened. But they do have a number of people detained - they may even have the shooter in custody.
Police were called to the scene around 7:30 Wednesday night. When they arrived they found two victims, one had been shot in the face, she's in critical condition. The other woman was shot in the back. She was reportedly helping police and did provide a statement in route to the hospital.
Lt. Mike Doyle said, "The neighborhood has helped out greatly by calling and pointing out people involved in the group. It appears there was a disturbance earlier in the day which led to a shooting."
Both women are at the hospital. Police are still trying to figure out who pulled the trigger and why. No arrests have been made at this time.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals