Harley Davidson showroom opens doors in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a special day for Harley fans. Mathews Harley-Davidson celebrated its grand opening of a state of the art showroom and museum.
Hundreds of motorcycle riders paraded down Blackstone Avenue and pulled up to the new showroom. The guests of honor were Harold and Eva Mathews.
They opened their first Harley Davidson dealership in Merced back in 1952 before relocating to Fresno.
It continues to be a family owned business. The owner says she's excited to share some of the family's collection with the public.
"For many years we've been collecting motorcycles out of our own personal collection and you know all these motorcycles have been in the basement and in storage for many, many years. Its been, you know, a family dream for many many, many years to be able to have a museum for the public to enjoy what the history of Harley Davidson is all about," Melissa Walter said.
The two-story showroom features a collection of 15 antique motorcyles. The oldest one on display dates back to 1917.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe