Harley Davidson showroom opens doors in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a special day for Harley fans. Mathews Harley-Davidson celebrated its grand opening of a state of the art showroom and museum.
Hundreds of motorcycle riders paraded down Blackstone Avenue and pulled up to the new showroom. The guests of honor were Harold and Eva Mathews.
They opened their first Harley Davidson dealership in Merced back in 1952 before relocating to Fresno.
It continues to be a family owned business. The owner says she's excited to share some of the family's collection with the public.
"For many years we've been collecting motorcycles out of our own personal collection and you know all these motorcycles have been in the basement and in storage for many, many years. Its been, you know, a family dream for many many, many years to be able to have a museum for the public to enjoy what the history of Harley Davidson is all about," Melissa Walter said.
The two-story showroom features a collection of 15 antique motorcyles. The oldest one on display dates back to 1917.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County 52 min ago
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated 40 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced...
36 min ago