Harley Davidson showroom opens doors in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a special day for Harley fans. Mathews Harley-Davidson celebrated its grand opening of a state of the art showroom and museum.
Hundreds of motorcycle riders paraded down Blackstone Avenue and pulled up to the new showroom. The guests of honor were Harold and Eva Mathews.
They opened their first Harley Davidson dealership in Merced back in 1952 before relocating to Fresno.
It continues to be a family owned business. The owner says she's excited to share some of the family's collection with the public.
"For many years we've been collecting motorcycles out of our own personal collection and you know all these motorcycles have been in the basement and in storage for many, many years. Its been, you know, a family dream for many many, many years to be able to have a museum for the public to enjoy what the history of Harley Davidson is all about," Melissa Walter said.
The two-story showroom features a collection of 15 antique motorcyles. The oldest one on display dates back to 1917.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts 25 min ago
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on