Men arrested after Fresno police say weapons found
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail after police say they found several weapons in their car.
Fresno police arrested 34-year-old Steven Smith and 37-year-old Michael Waiczis Saturday afternoon, near North Clark and East Iowa.
Officers went to the area after getting a call about a person armed with a gun. Then witnesses led them to the suspects' car.
Investigators say they found a loaded, concealed handgun, a straight razor, a large dagger, and several other knives in the car.
The 12 year old son of one of the suspects was also in the car.
Officers took him to a relative's house.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 20 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 58 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos