Men arrested after Fresno police say weapons found
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail after police say they found several weapons in their car.
Fresno police arrested 34-year-old Steven Smith and 37-year-old Michael Waiczis Saturday afternoon, near North Clark and East Iowa.
Officers went to the area after getting a call about a person armed with a gun. Then witnesses led them to the suspects' car.
Investigators say they found a loaded, concealed handgun, a straight razor, a large dagger, and several other knives in the car.
The 12 year old son of one of the suspects was also in the car.
Officers took him to a relative's house.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Accuweather Forecast
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos