4.5 quake strikes near Parkfield
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 4.5 magnitude earthquake has hit about 15 miles from Coalinga.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit around 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. The epicenter is located near Parkfield in Monterey County -- about 15 miles south west of Coalinga and about 20 miles north of Avenal.
Action News has received calls to our newsroom from people from Avenal, Hanford and Coalinga from people who have felt the earthquake.
There are no reports of any damage.
earthquake, kings county, fresno county, coalinga, avenal, hanford, local, gene haagenson
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting 49 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Accuweather Forecast
26 min ago
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related...
48 min ago