4.5 quake strikes near Parkfield
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 4.5 magnitude earthquake has hit about 15 miles from Coalinga.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit around 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. The epicenter is located near Parkfield in Monterey County -- about 15 miles south west of Coalinga and about 20 miles north of Avenal.
Action News has received calls to our newsroom from people from Avenal, Hanford and Coalinga from people who have felt the earthquake.
There are no reports of any damage.
earthquake, kings county, fresno county, coalinga, avenal, hanford, local, gene haagenson
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 11 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos