4.5 quake strikes near Parkfield
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 4.5 magnitude earthquake has hit about 15 miles from Coalinga.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit around 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. The epicenter is located near Parkfield in Monterey County -- about 15 miles south west of Coalinga and about 20 miles north of Avenal.
Action News has received calls to our newsroom from people from Avenal, Hanford and Coalinga from people who have felt the earthquake.
There are no reports of any damage.
earthquake, kings county, fresno county, coalinga, avenal, hanford, local, gene haagenson
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos