Car crash knocks out power in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The power is back on for more than 13-hundred customers left in the dark after a car smashed into a power pole in Southeast Fresno.
The accident happened at Church and Peach Avenue, knocking out power to customers between Kings Canyon and North Avenue and Willow and Minnewawa.
A car reportedly slammed into a power pole causing an explosion and fire. Firefighters managed to put out the fire. There was no sign of the driver.
PG&E crews spent the overnight hours working to repair the power pole. The utility says repairs should be complete by noon Tuesday.
fresno county, fresno, fresno southeast, pg&e, accident, fire, local
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos