Car crash knocks out power in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The power is back on for more than 13-hundred customers left in the dark after a car smashed into a power pole in Southeast Fresno.
The accident happened at Church and Peach Avenue, knocking out power to customers between Kings Canyon and North Avenue and Willow and Minnewawa.
A car reportedly slammed into a power pole causing an explosion and fire. Firefighters managed to put out the fire. There was no sign of the driver.
PG&E crews spent the overnight hours working to repair the power pole. The utility says repairs should be complete by noon Tuesday.
fresno county, fresno, fresno southeast, pg&e, accident, fire, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 21 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno