Car crash knocks out power in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The power is back on for more than 13-hundred customers left in the dark after a car smashed into a power pole in Southeast Fresno.
The accident happened at Church and Peach Avenue, knocking out power to customers between Kings Canyon and North Avenue and Willow and Minnewawa.
A car reportedly slammed into a power pole causing an explosion and fire. Firefighters managed to put out the fire. There was no sign of the driver.
PG&E crews spent the overnight hours working to repair the power pole. The utility says repairs should be complete by noon Tuesday.
fresno county, fresno, fresno southeast, pg&e, accident, fire, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe