Car crash knocks out power in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The power is back on for more than 13-hundred customers left in the dark after a car smashed into a power pole in Southeast Fresno.
The accident happened at Church and Peach Avenue, knocking out power to customers between Kings Canyon and North Avenue and Willow and Minnewawa.
A car reportedly slammed into a power pole causing an explosion and fire. Firefighters managed to put out the fire. There was no sign of the driver.
PG&E crews spent the overnight hours working to repair the power pole. The utility says repairs should be complete by noon Tuesday.
fresno county, fresno, fresno southeast, pg&e, accident, fire, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years