Fresno house fire injures three
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An electrical problem is to blame for a fire that injured three people this morning in Southeast Fresno.
Authorities say the fire broke out shortly after 4 a.m. in a home on Bend Avenue, near Cedar. Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen, and spread to the attic, before it was contained. Three people suffered minor smoke inhalation, but were treated and released at the scene.
The house did not have working smoke detectors, but authorities say luckily, one of the residents woke up.
"The occupants were alerted when somebody smelled smoke. We cannot stress the importance of a working smoke detector in the residence where you sleep and occupy," said Lawrence French with the Fresno Fire Department.
Authorities say the fire victims will live with family members for now. Fire officials estimate the damage at $15,000.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, fire, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 2 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 7 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends 28 min ago
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Fighting the flu with exercise
58 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new California...
42 min ago
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos