Suspect pleads not guilty in death of Nicole Jones
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men pleaded not guilty in connection to a murder charge, before a Fresno County Judge Tuesday morning.
Tony Leon is accused of murder and attempted murder after shooting two women last week.
One of the victims, Nicole Jones, 18, later died from her injuries. Police say she was shot in the face at the intersection of Vassar and Glenn.
Investigators say Leon fired one shot from a sawed-off shotgun, hitting Jones and another woman.
Officers say Leon's friend, Joshua Woodworth, tried to hide the gun after the shooting.
Leon's bail was set at more than $3 million.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 29 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 32 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 26 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- 7 health apps you need to know about