Suspect pleads not guilty in death of Nicole Jones
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men pleaded not guilty in connection to a murder charge, before a Fresno County Judge Tuesday morning.
Tony Leon is accused of murder and attempted murder after shooting two women last week.
One of the victims, Nicole Jones, 18, later died from her injuries. Police say she was shot in the face at the intersection of Vassar and Glenn.
Investigators say Leon fired one shot from a sawed-off shotgun, hitting Jones and another woman.
Officers say Leon's friend, Joshua Woodworth, tried to hide the gun after the shooting.
Leon's bail was set at more than $3 million.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops 50 min ago
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall