Stolen car crashes into power pole after chase in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail Wednesday after police say he crashed a stolen vehicle into a power pole in Southeast Fresno.
The accident happened around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning on Winery and Hamilton. Police say officers were in the area for an unrelated call, when they spotted the suspect speeding. After running the license plate number, they realized the car was reported stolen.
Police were chasing the man when he lost control of the car and crashed into a pole. No injuries were reported.
PG&E replaced the pole but there are no reports of power outages.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, high speed chase, accident, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos