Officials suspect arson in Selma playground fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Selma Fire Department is investigating a fire that destroyed a playground as a possible arson.
The fire broke out Wednesday night at Sal Salazar Park at the intersection of Valley View and Sheridan.
Heat from the blaze was enough to melt the plastic decks and roofs of the playground equipment. Damage is estimated at $75 thousand.
The city of Selma is still trying to determine if insurance will fully cover the damage.
For now, the playground is closed, until repairs can be made.
crimetracker, arson, fire, selma, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 45 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies