Officials suspect arson in Selma playground fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Selma Fire Department is investigating a fire that destroyed a playground as a possible arson.
The fire broke out Wednesday night at Sal Salazar Park at the intersection of Valley View and Sheridan.
Heat from the blaze was enough to melt the plastic decks and roofs of the playground equipment. Damage is estimated at $75 thousand.
The city of Selma is still trying to determine if insurance will fully cover the damage.
For now, the playground is closed, until repairs can be made.
crimetracker, arson, fire, selma, fresno county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe 29 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera