Merced scam suspect found at a cabin in Three Rivers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police tracked down a man they say posed as an immigration lawyer and scammed one person out of $3 thousand.
Investigators say several tips led them to a cabin in the Three Rivers area of Tulare County. That's where they found Rey Martinez Lespier.
Detectives confiscated documents and computers from the cabin that may eventually lead to identifying more victims. They say Lespier took one victim's money and promised to help him on his path to citizenship.
The suspect's office in central Merced also has a posted eviction notice. The landlord says Lespier moved in the building in April and hasn't paid rent since.
Lespier was arrested for grand theft.
scams, crimetracker, merced county, merced, local
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- Accuweather Forecast
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos