Merced scam suspect found at a cabin in Three Rivers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police tracked down a man they say posed as an immigration lawyer and scammed one person out of $3 thousand.
Investigators say several tips led them to a cabin in the Three Rivers area of Tulare County. That's where they found Rey Martinez Lespier.
Detectives confiscated documents and computers from the cabin that may eventually lead to identifying more victims. They say Lespier took one victim's money and promised to help him on his path to citizenship.
The suspect's office in central Merced also has a posted eviction notice. The landlord says Lespier moved in the building in April and hasn't paid rent since.
Lespier was arrested for grand theft.
scams, crimetracker, merced county, merced, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years