Merced scam suspect found at a cabin in Three Rivers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced Police tracked down a man they say posed as an immigration lawyer and scammed one person out of $3 thousand.
Investigators say several tips led them to a cabin in the Three Rivers area of Tulare County. That's where they found Rey Martinez Lespier.
Detectives confiscated documents and computers from the cabin that may eventually lead to identifying more victims. They say Lespier took one victim's money and promised to help him on his path to citizenship.
The suspect's office in central Merced also has a posted eviction notice. The landlord says Lespier moved in the building in April and hasn't paid rent since.
Lespier was arrested for grand theft.
scams, crimetracker, merced county, merced, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 17 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma 59 min ago
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos