Man dead after Central Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are investigating the shooting death of a 21-year-old man.
The shooting happened outside a liquor store on Cedar and Olive in Central Fresno around 10:30 last night.
Police say they were called to the store because of an argument. By the time they arrived 21-year-old Jamil Mohamed had been shot.
Mohamed died a few minutes later at Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno. Police are still investigating what led up to the argument and shooting.
Officers spent a few hours searching for the suspect or suspects in a nearby neighborhood.
The victim has not yet been identified. Police are still investigating what led up to the argument and the shooting.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny 47 min ago
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 20 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect