Drive-by shooting sends Fresno Co man to hospital
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Office is investigating a drive-by shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened just after 9 a.m. Friday in Central Fresno at a home located at Buckingham Way.
Authorities taped off the area surrounding the home this morning. The Sheriff's Office says a 17-year-old was shot.
The bullet went through his arm and into his chest.
Officials say it all started when a female and other males got into an argument.
She then told the men she was going to get her boyfriend and left the area.
"A tan vehicle returned with two black males and fired a minimum of five rounds from the car striking one of the individuals here at the house," Sgt. Brad Christian of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
The victim is undergoing surgery this condition authorities say he is in serious condition.
fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 42 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly