Drive-by shooting sends Fresno Co man to hospital
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Office is investigating a drive-by shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened just after 9 a.m. Friday in Central Fresno at a home located at Buckingham Way.
Authorities taped off the area surrounding the home this morning. The Sheriff's Office says a 17-year-old was shot.
The bullet went through his arm and into his chest.
Officials say it all started when a female and other males got into an argument.
She then told the men she was going to get her boyfriend and left the area.
"A tan vehicle returned with two black males and fired a minimum of five rounds from the car striking one of the individuals here at the house," Sgt. Brad Christian of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
The victim is undergoing surgery this condition authorities say he is in serious condition.
fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police 35 min ago
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign 10 min ago
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos