Drive-by shooting sends Fresno Co man to hospital
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Office is investigating a drive-by shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
It happened just after 9 a.m. Friday in Central Fresno at a home located at Buckingham Way.
Authorities taped off the area surrounding the home this morning. The Sheriff's Office says a 17-year-old was shot.
The bullet went through his arm and into his chest.
Officials say it all started when a female and other males got into an argument.
She then told the men she was going to get her boyfriend and left the area.
"A tan vehicle returned with two black males and fired a minimum of five rounds from the car striking one of the individuals here at the house," Sgt. Brad Christian of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
The victim is undergoing surgery this condition authorities say he is in serious condition.
fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, local
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District 52 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos