Hot temperatures descend on Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Extreme heat is blanketing the Central Valley on Friday.
No matter where you are in the Valley, it seems almost impossible to escape the blazing sun and hot temperatures.
Action News Meteorologist Doug Collins says Friday's scorching temps are ones to remember.
"This heat wave is making its mark as hot temperatures remain throughout the day and even night," Collins said.
The scorching temperatures are radiating off surfaces such as asphalt and pavement.
Experts say Downtown Fresno is the hottest place because the asphalt absorbs the heat and buildings tend to reflect the heat and there is just not a lot of shade.
central valley, fresno, fresno county, heat wave, local
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl 2 min ago
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 58 min ago
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 52 min ago
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park