Lanes Fire 100 percent contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The so-called Lanes Fire is now contained after scorching more than 130 acres of dry grass in Fresno County.
Cal Fire says the fire started Saturday afternoon at Highway 168 and Lodge Road, southeast of Auberry, when someone threw a cigarette butt into the brush along the four lane.
Two lanes remain open for two-way traffic as the firefighting effort goes on. Crews say the mixture of high temperatures and winds fueled the fire.
The cost of the fire is estimated at $940 thousand dollars so far. No arrests have been made.
auberry, fresno county, fire, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos