Lanes Fire 100 percent contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The so-called Lanes Fire is now contained after scorching more than 130 acres of dry grass in Fresno County.
Cal Fire says the fire started Saturday afternoon at Highway 168 and Lodge Road, southeast of Auberry, when someone threw a cigarette butt into the brush along the four lane.
Two lanes remain open for two-way traffic as the firefighting effort goes on. Crews say the mixture of high temperatures and winds fueled the fire.
The cost of the fire is estimated at $940 thousand dollars so far. No arrests have been made.
auberry, fresno county, fire, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos