Lanes Fire 100 percent contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The so-called Lanes Fire is now contained after scorching more than 130 acres of dry grass in Fresno County.
Cal Fire says the fire started Saturday afternoon at Highway 168 and Lodge Road, southeast of Auberry, when someone threw a cigarette butt into the brush along the four lane.
Two lanes remain open for two-way traffic as the firefighting effort goes on. Crews say the mixture of high temperatures and winds fueled the fire.
The cost of the fire is estimated at $940 thousand dollars so far. No arrests have been made.
auberry, fresno county, fire, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno