Lanes Fire 100 percent contained
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The so-called Lanes Fire is now contained after scorching more than 130 acres of dry grass in Fresno County.
Cal Fire says the fire started Saturday afternoon at Highway 168 and Lodge Road, southeast of Auberry, when someone threw a cigarette butt into the brush along the four lane.
Two lanes remain open for two-way traffic as the firefighting effort goes on. Crews say the mixture of high temperatures and winds fueled the fire.
The cost of the fire is estimated at $940 thousand dollars so far. No arrests have been made.
auberry, fresno county, fire, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 5 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect