Hanford teen killed in crash with big rig
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley teen has died after a collision with a semi-truck in Fresno County.
The Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Courtnie Coker of Hanford was going west-bound on Highway 198 around 9 p.m. when she hit a semi-truck traveling the opposite direction. Coker was killed and the semi-driver 65-year-old Juan Rodriguez suffered minor injuries.
The C.H.P. is investigating why Coker crossed over the lanes of Highway 198 but says alcohol and drugs are not a factor. The truck driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to a Coalinga hospital as a precaution.
accident, fresno county, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, lemoore station, kings county, hanford, local
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos