Hanford teen killed in crash with big rig
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley teen has died after a collision with a semi-truck in Fresno County.
The Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Courtnie Coker of Hanford was going west-bound on Highway 198 around 9 p.m. when she hit a semi-truck traveling the opposite direction. Coker was killed and the semi-driver 65-year-old Juan Rodriguez suffered minor injuries.
The C.H.P. is investigating why Coker crossed over the lanes of Highway 198 but says alcohol and drugs are not a factor. The truck driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to a Coalinga hospital as a precaution.
accident, fresno county, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, lemoore station, kings county, hanford, local
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos