Hanford teen killed in crash with big rig
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley teen has died after a collision with a semi-truck in Fresno County.
The Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Courtnie Coker of Hanford was going west-bound on Highway 198 around 9 p.m. when she hit a semi-truck traveling the opposite direction. Coker was killed and the semi-driver 65-year-old Juan Rodriguez suffered minor injuries.
The C.H.P. is investigating why Coker crossed over the lanes of Highway 198 but says alcohol and drugs are not a factor. The truck driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to a Coalinga hospital as a precaution.
accident, fresno county, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, lemoore station, kings county, hanford, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos