Overturned big rig spills asphalt on HWY 99 near Kingsburg
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A semi-truck crash near Kingsburg has closed part of northbound Highway 99 near Kingsburg Friday morning.
An overturned big rig on northbound Highway 99 at Road 12 near Kingsburg has closed one lane of traffic. The tanker truck was carrying 5,000 gallons of liquid asphalt which has spilled, but has been contained to a small area. The liquid asphalt is hot, and as it cools, it hardens.
Witnesses say one of the truck's tires blew out as the truck passed under the overpass. The truck then veered off to the side and rolled on its side.
The truck driver was not hurt in the incident.
Hazmat crews are on the scene as a precaution. Cleanup crews are on the way.
tulare county, kingsburg, fresno county, accident, local, amanda venegas
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos