Clovis preschool opens expanded facility
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Monday marked the beginning of the school year for many students. However, one Clovis preschool is marking the start of a new school year and a new business venture.
For more than one hundred kids and their parents, Monday marked the start of the new school year at Brighten Academy preschool in Clovis.
"She was really excited. She got up all by herself and got ready. She was ready to go when I got home from work this morning," parent Danielle Strong said.
It also marked the beginning of a new school year with a new building. Business owner Kristine Peterson and her husband have been working around the clock to get their new building ready in time for the start of school.
"Today is the first day of opening our expansion. We were very fortunate to be able to expand our current preschool. We've been open for 3 1/2 years," Peterson said.
Peterson and her husband initially opened the building as Brighten Academy preschool, but there grew to be such a demand that they opened a second building to teach students.
"Last year's waiting list between August and may got up to about 400 people so this building was built to accommodate that need," Kristine Peterson said.
Crews have been busy all summer long constructing the new 4,100 square foot building, which is identical to the existing facility.
The new construction also meant that Peterson had more teachers to hire to fill everything from infant to private kindergarten classrooms.
For preschool parents, the expansion project is appealing.
"When we were considering this place they had started the construction and it looked really nice the building's really new. It's a nice facility. It's one of the factors that made us want to come here," Strong said.
With construction crews putting the finishing touches around the campus, Peterson says he feels fortunate to be kicking off the new school year in a big way.
clovis, fresno county, local, amanda venegas
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 20 min ago
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose 21 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Brad Pitt face blindness 7 min ago
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos