21-year-old man dead after motorcyle crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after a deadly motorcycle crash north of Clovis and neighbors are blaming a dangerous intersection.
The Highway Patrol is investigating that deadly motorcycle accident in Fresno County. The crash happened around 3:15 Saturday at Behymer and Fowler.
The intersection was closed for several hours after the crash, but the Highway Patrol reopened the road and cleared the scene later in the afternoon.
We're told a 21-year-old man was killed in the crash. Investigators say the motorcyclist was southbound on Fowler when he crashed into the passenger side of a Toyota Avalon. The man on the motorcycle was thrown several hundred feet from the bike.
Parts of the motorcycle were also scattered around the street. The CHP says several other drivers witnessed the crash and told the CHP the motorcyclist was speeding.
"Appears the motorcyclist may have been going above the speed limit, and the car made a left hand turn. The motorcycle impacted the car. Don't know if they were seen if they came out from behind another car. There's a couple different statements about what happened at this point," Sgt. Craig Hinch of the California Highway Patrol said.
Investigators do not think drugs or alcohol played a role in the deadly wreck. They say the man who died was the only person on the motorcycle.
Three people were in the car, and they were not injured but Action News has learned the driver is distraught over the deadly accident. Investigators say she will likely not face any charges.
Action News spoke with several neighbors in this area who say they consider this an unsafe intersection because it is only a two-way stop. The stop signs are on Behymer and the crash this afternoon happened on Fowler, where there are no stop signs. The drivers involved in the deadly crash have not been identified.
clovis, fresno county, accident, local, rick montanez
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 15 hurt 1 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo