21-year-old man dead after motorcyle crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after a deadly motorcycle crash north of Clovis and neighbors are blaming a dangerous intersection.
The Highway Patrol is investigating that deadly motorcycle accident in Fresno County. The crash happened around 3:15 Saturday at Behymer and Fowler.
The intersection was closed for several hours after the crash, but the Highway Patrol reopened the road and cleared the scene later in the afternoon.
We're told a 21-year-old man was killed in the crash. Investigators say the motorcyclist was southbound on Fowler when he crashed into the passenger side of a Toyota Avalon. The man on the motorcycle was thrown several hundred feet from the bike.
Parts of the motorcycle were also scattered around the street. The CHP says several other drivers witnessed the crash and told the CHP the motorcyclist was speeding.
"Appears the motorcyclist may have been going above the speed limit, and the car made a left hand turn. The motorcycle impacted the car. Don't know if they were seen if they came out from behind another car. There's a couple different statements about what happened at this point," Sgt. Craig Hinch of the California Highway Patrol said.
Investigators do not think drugs or alcohol played a role in the deadly wreck. They say the man who died was the only person on the motorcycle.
Three people were in the car, and they were not injured but Action News has learned the driver is distraught over the deadly accident. Investigators say she will likely not face any charges.
Action News spoke with several neighbors in this area who say they consider this an unsafe intersection because it is only a two-way stop. The stop signs are on Behymer and the crash this afternoon happened on Fowler, where there are no stop signs. The drivers involved in the deadly crash have not been identified.
clovis, fresno county, accident, local, rick montanez
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 34 min ago
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman