Ani-Jam convention visits Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Japanese anime convention is bringing people to Downtown Fresno as their favorite characters are brought to life.
This concert is just a part of this weekend's Ani-Jam, an annual event that celebrates Japanese animation and culture.
Organizers say the event has grown year after year and for the first time, this year's event is being held at the Fresno Convention Center.
There, you can find all things anime including video games, table top games, and a vendor hall.
"If you're interested in anime, manga, anything considered "nerdy" it's $30 dollars a day and $35 for the whole weekend, and we're just here to represent the anime and nerd community," Danisha Gonzalez of Ani-Jam said.
Ani-Jam continues Sunday with panel discussions and a full day of other anime activities.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt