Ani-Jam convention visits Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Japanese anime convention is bringing people to Downtown Fresno as their favorite characters are brought to life.
This concert is just a part of this weekend's Ani-Jam, an annual event that celebrates Japanese animation and culture.
Organizers say the event has grown year after year and for the first time, this year's event is being held at the Fresno Convention Center.
There, you can find all things anime including video games, table top games, and a vendor hall.
"If you're interested in anime, manga, anything considered "nerdy" it's $30 dollars a day and $35 for the whole weekend, and we're just here to represent the anime and nerd community," Danisha Gonzalez of Ani-Jam said.
Ani-Jam continues Sunday with panel discussions and a full day of other anime activities.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 52 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera 27 min ago
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos