Ani-Jam convention visits Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Japanese anime convention is bringing people to Downtown Fresno as their favorite characters are brought to life.
This concert is just a part of this weekend's Ani-Jam, an annual event that celebrates Japanese animation and culture.
Organizers say the event has grown year after year and for the first time, this year's event is being held at the Fresno Convention Center.
There, you can find all things anime including video games, table top games, and a vendor hall.
"If you're interested in anime, manga, anything considered "nerdy" it's $30 dollars a day and $35 for the whole weekend, and we're just here to represent the anime and nerd community," Danisha Gonzalez of Ani-Jam said.
Ani-Jam continues Sunday with panel discussions and a full day of other anime activities.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos