Ani-Jam convention visits Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Japanese anime convention is bringing people to Downtown Fresno as their favorite characters are brought to life.
This concert is just a part of this weekend's Ani-Jam, an annual event that celebrates Japanese animation and culture.
Organizers say the event has grown year after year and for the first time, this year's event is being held at the Fresno Convention Center.
There, you can find all things anime including video games, table top games, and a vendor hall.
"If you're interested in anime, manga, anything considered "nerdy" it's $30 dollars a day and $35 for the whole weekend, and we're just here to represent the anime and nerd community," Danisha Gonzalez of Ani-Jam said.
Ani-Jam continues Sunday with panel discussions and a full day of other anime activities.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 6 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support 50 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Police increase presence at Edison High...
4 min ago
- Police search for suspects who shot a...
5 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos