Ani-Jam convention visits Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Japanese anime convention is bringing people to Downtown Fresno as their favorite characters are brought to life.
This concert is just a part of this weekend's Ani-Jam, an annual event that celebrates Japanese animation and culture.
Organizers say the event has grown year after year and for the first time, this year's event is being held at the Fresno Convention Center.
There, you can find all things anime including video games, table top games, and a vendor hall.
"If you're interested in anime, manga, anything considered "nerdy" it's $30 dollars a day and $35 for the whole weekend, and we're just here to represent the anime and nerd community," Danisha Gonzalez of Ani-Jam said.
Ani-Jam continues Sunday with panel discussions and a full day of other anime activities.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 38 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 47 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos