United flight returns to Houston with engine problem
HOUSTON -- A United Airlines flight returned to Houston on Sunday after experiencing engine problems.
United Flight 1124 left Houston bound for Boston, but it didn't get far.
Officials said the Boeing 737 aircraft experienced a mechanical issue with an engine mid-air.
"Out of an abundance of caution, [the plane] returned to Houston, landing safely," read a statement from United.
United re-accommodated the customers, putting them on another aircraft that departed for Boston at 1pm.
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique