Man survives crash, killed crossing freeway
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the CHP said his car careened off a freeway ramp -- then the man tried to cross the road after the accident.
The CHP says the accident happened on Highway 99 near Avenue 20 in Madera County. They said the unidentified man flew off the off ramp before coming to a stop.
The CHP says he managed to get out of the car and was trying to cross 99 when he was hit and killed. The driver who hit the victim stopped and called the CHP.
The CHP says that driver will not face charges. There is no word on what caused the original accident.
madera county, madera, chowchilla, accident, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals