Man survives crash, killed crossing freeway
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the CHP said his car careened off a freeway ramp -- then the man tried to cross the road after the accident.
The CHP says the accident happened on Highway 99 near Avenue 20 in Madera County. They said the unidentified man flew off the off ramp before coming to a stop.
The CHP says he managed to get out of the car and was trying to cross 99 when he was hit and killed. The driver who hit the victim stopped and called the CHP.
The CHP says that driver will not face charges. There is no word on what caused the original accident.
madera county, madera, chowchilla, accident, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 46 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos