Offering hope to struggling homeowners
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development was in Fresno to offer hope to struggling homeowners.
Secretary Shaun Donovan met with homeowners and housing counselors to remind people about the HARP program.
HARP allows people who owe more than what their home is worth to refinance. You must be up to date on payments and have a government-backed Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae loan.
"We can't let Fresno homeowners give up on those dreams," Donovan said. "We have to help them refinance."
Donovan says three-quarters of million Americans have taken advantage of the HARP program.
For more information about HUD approved counselors in the Valley, click here http://bit.ly/O3NJFS.
foreclosure, housing, fresno county, fresno, clovis, central valley, local, dale yurong
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case