Offering hope to struggling homeowners
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development was in Fresno to offer hope to struggling homeowners.
Secretary Shaun Donovan met with homeowners and housing counselors to remind people about the HARP program.
HARP allows people who owe more than what their home is worth to refinance. You must be up to date on payments and have a government-backed Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae loan.
"We can't let Fresno homeowners give up on those dreams," Donovan said. "We have to help them refinance."
Donovan says three-quarters of million Americans have taken advantage of the HARP program.
For more information about HUD approved counselors in the Valley, click here http://bit.ly/O3NJFS.
foreclosure, housing, fresno county, fresno, clovis, central valley, local, dale yurong
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno