Offering hope to struggling homeowners
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development was in Fresno to offer hope to struggling homeowners.
Secretary Shaun Donovan met with homeowners and housing counselors to remind people about the HARP program.
HARP allows people who owe more than what their home is worth to refinance. You must be up to date on payments and have a government-backed Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae loan.
"We can't let Fresno homeowners give up on those dreams," Donovan said. "We have to help them refinance."
Donovan says three-quarters of million Americans have taken advantage of the HARP program.
For more information about HUD approved counselors in the Valley, click here http://bit.ly/O3NJFS.
foreclosure, housing, fresno county, fresno, clovis, central valley, local, dale yurong
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits