Arrest made in Bass Lake Courthouse bombing
OAKHURST, Calif. (KFSN) -- The arrest was caught on tape with a home surveillance camera.
Surveillance cameras outside an Oakhurst home capture the arrest of a 42 year old man. Madera County Sheriff's Deputies have been looking for William Shannon Reed since August 14th; when investigators discovered an explosion at the Courthouse in Bass Lake. At the time, someone had reportedly called in two bomb threats. Investigators identified Reed as a suspect, and tracked him to a home off Dale Lane and Road 426.
Residents at the home say they know Reed, and were shocked at the police presence outside their Oakhurst home. Anthony Gracia tells Action News, he watched from a window while officers handcuffed Reed. He also says Reed was suffering from the death of his son. The Gracia family tells Action News, Reed's 20 year old son Dylan Beazley died in a single car accident near Bass Lake on Road 274 on July 24th. Deputies say Beazley was driving a car which had been stolen from a dealership.
William Reed was arrested for receiving stolen property and for possession of a controlled substance. Gracia said, "I wish him well, I mean, he's been through a lot of heartache and hopefully he didn't do what they say he's doing".
oakhurst, bass lake, madera county, bombing, local, stephanie stone
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos